GLOBUS 2021: Enchanting Europe (HM)
9 days from Amsterdam to Zurich
The name of this European tour-Enchanting Europe-says it all! Travel from Amsterdam, Holland's lively capital, to picturesque Lucerne in the Swiss Alps with overnights in Koblenz and Wiesbaden in the Rhine Valley, in Bavaria's capital Munich, and in romantic Salzburg. Enjoy a canal cruise in Amsterdam; admire Cologne's impressive gothic cathedral; walk through the medieval walled town of Rothenburg; visit the famous Hofbrauhaus in Munich; enjoy a guided walking tour through romantic Salzburg and see the sites from The Sound of Music movie; walk through the historic center of Innsbruck and take pictures of the Golden Roof; stop in Vaduz, capital of the Principality of Liechtenstein: and in Lucerne, cross the Chapel Bridge, dating back to the 14th century and admire the emotional Lion Monument. Take in gorgeous scenery while driving through some of the most picturesque regions of Europe. Enjoy a romantic cruise with lunch along the most scenic part of the river, a Riesling wine tasting in the charming town of Rudesheim, and a drive through the most spectacular parts of the majestic Alps in Austria and Switzerland. There is time to shop for Christmas ornaments in picture-book Rothenburg, for crystal in Innsbruck, for stamps in Vaduz, and for chocolate and Swiss watches in Lucerne. Globus has included a special farewell dinner at a local restaurant in Lucerne to celebrate the success of this amazing Enchanting Europe tour.
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2020
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Amsterdam||Welcome to Amsterdam! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Amsterdam||Meet your Local Guide and hear about the fascinating history of the 700-year-old capital during a leisurely CANAL CRUISE. Admire the patrician mansions and the gabled facades; the 'Golden Bend,' the most prestigious part of the Herengracht and a monument to the Golden Age; the Stopera, Amsterdam's proud concert hall; the Hermitage, a branch museum of the Hermitage Museum of St. Petersburg; and much more. Also visit a major DIAMOND CENTER. For those who wish to experience Dutch life in the countryside, an optional excursion is available to picture-book Volendam, a fishing village at the former Zuiderzee, including visits to a working windmill, a clogmaker, a cheese farm, plus dinner. (B)|
|Day 3||Koblenz||A smooth drive past the Dutch region best known as the setting of A Bridge Too Far brings you to the Rhine Valley. Stop in Cologne and see the awesome twin-spired gothic cathedral. Overnight in Koblenz, where the Mosel River flows into the Rhine River. Why not join an optional excursion to famous Marksburg castle, from where you have spectacular views of the river below?Today's Distance: 242 mi / 390 km (B,D)|
|Day 4||Wiesbaden||Today is dedicated to a romantic [LF] RHINE CRUISE, including lunch, along the most scenic part of the Rhine River. Sit back and relax while you pass castle-crested cliffs, terraced vineyards, and trim, half-timbered towns. Arrive in Rudesheim, capital of the Riesling wine, for a traditional [LF] WINE TASTING, before proceeding to your hotel in Wiesbaden.Today's Distance: 62 mi / 100 km (B,L,D)|
|Day 5||Munich||Join your Tour Director for a walk through medieval, walled Rothenburg. Time to shop for Christmas ornaments, for which this town is famous. Continue to Munich, capital of Bavaria. Visit MARIENPLATZ with its New and Old Town Halls, followed by the famous HOFBRAUHAUS, dating back to 1589. Free time for dinner.Today's Distance: 304 mi / 490 km (B)|
|Day 6||Salzburg||Drive eastwards, following the Bavarian Alps to Austria. Arrive in Salzburg, where your Local Guide takes you for a walking tour through the historic center. Admire exquisite MIRABELL GARDENS, the Great Festival Hall, St. Peter's Monastery, and magnificent RESIDENZ SQUARE, where some scenes of The Sound of Music movie were filmed. Also see Mozart's birthplace in the charming Getreidegasse. Time to browse through the downtown market. You may wish to join an optional excursion to spectacular Berchtesgaden and Hitler's Eagle's Nest.Today's Distance: 118 mi / 190 km (B)|
|Day 7||Lucerne||A scenic drive brings you to Innsbruck, tucked amid the Alps, and capital of Tyrol. Join your Tour Director for a pleasant walk through quaint medieval lanes to Emperor Maximilian's GOLDEN ROOF. Next is Vaduz, capital of the Principality of Liechtenstein. Time to buy your stamps or other souvenirs before continuing to Lucerne in the heart of Switzerland.Today's Distance: 311 mi / 500 km (B)|
|Day 8||Lucerne||During your walking tour, admire Thorwaldsen's impressive LION MONUMENT, dedicated to the fallen Swiss Guards who protected the Royal House of France during the French Revolution, and the ornate patrician houses lining the cobblestone streets of the walled Old Town. Then, cross the famous covered CHAPEL BRIDGE to the Jesuit Church. Afterwards, shop for Swiss watches and chocolate. Tonight, a farewell dinner has been prepared at a local restaurant, the best way to say auf Wiedersehen, Lucerne. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Zurich||Morning transfer to Zurich Airport in time for homebound flights leaving no earlier than 10 am. Extra nights are available in Zurich.Today's Distance: 34 mi / 55 km (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $560-$700No triple room reduction.Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).